Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Arlen Specter is a Dem

This is news? When WASN'T he a dem? As I noted in my previous post, I'm fine with him going - he voted with them more often than not (most especially when it counted). I just wish they'd take with him Olympia Snow and Ron Paul.

We should focus on the why of this - political expediency. Arlen was going to lose in a big way had he stayed a Republican. Why? Because he didn't act like a Republican. Let this be a lesson to those who think we ought to be more "moderate" (Meghan McCain? Looking at you again). We want people who support our core values - fiscal responsibility and upholding the Constitution as it's written. This mean no White Supremacists (I'm now looking at Ron Paul, but I must avert my eyes quickly). It also means no anti-Semites (Pat Buchanan? You). Let the Libertarians vote libertarian - we need our party back now more than ever.