Sunday, November 16, 2008

Victory In Iraq Day

Zombie has begun a crusade to declare November 22, 2008 Victory In Iraq Day. I am donning my HOOAH hat and joining he/she/it!

By every measure, The United States and coalition forces have conclusively defeated all enemies in Iraq, pacified the country, deposed the previous regime, successfully helped to establish a new functioning democratic government, and suppressed any lingering insurgencies. The war has come to an end. And we won.

What more indication do you need? An announcement from the outgoing Bush administration? It's not gonna happen. An announcement from the incoming Obama administration? That's really not gonna happen. A declaration of victory by the media? Please. Don't make me laugh. A concession of surrender by what few remaining insurgents remain in hiding? Forget about it.

This victory is further evidenced by the emails I receive from deployed friends stating "I'm bored". This is so counter to the ones I would get from my soldier (during his first and second deployment) stating "only x number of mortars today".


Thanks, guys. Be proud. Once again you showed up, kicked ass and peace erupted.