The Obama administration has asked the military's Joint Chiefs of Staff to cut the Pentagon's budget request for the fiscal year 2010 by more than 10 percent -- about $55 billion -- a senior U.S. defense official tells FOX News.
It starts. Let's review the Porkulus Bill, shall we? (From Doug Ross)
• $83 billion in welfare payments (the earned income credit for people who don't pay income tax)
• $81 billion for Medicaid
• $66 billion on "education", more than the entire Department of Education required just ten years ago
• $36 billion for expanded unemployment benefits
• $20 billion for food stamps
• $8 billion on "renewable energy" projects, which have a low or negative return
• $7 billion for "modernizing federal buildings and facilities"
• $6 billion on urban transit systems, dominated by unions and which, almost universally, lose money
• $2.4 billion for "carbon-capture demonstration projects"
• $2 billion for child-care subsidies
• $1 billion for Amtrak, the federal railroad that's run in the red for 40 years
• $650 million for "digital TV conversion coupons" (on top of billions already spent)
• $600 million on new cars for government (added to the $3 billion already spent each year)
• $400 million for "global-warming research"
• $50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts
But the Pentagon must lead the charge in showing fiscal constraint. Is this because we won't need as big a defense as Obama's conversational skills will turn our enemies to friends? Newsflash - the call to unclench their fists didn't work out so well!
Obama also cried that now is not the time to profit (he was angered by CEOs getting bonuses, and buy a Jet?!? Whoa, now. That can't happen despite it putting money into the market, employing the one who built the jet, employing the one who has to fly the jet, the person who makes the jet fuel itself, and so on and so forth),however, each congress-critter was just given an additional $93,000 in petty cash. Hypocrisy, thy name is government.