Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Lipstick Shade is "Angry"

Last night I was told my posts came off as angry and my verbiage beneath me. I absorbed this critique after getting over the fact that the F word was this particular person’s favorite noun, verb and adjective. The person in question really had my best interests at heart, and because I don’t use profanity in my everyday speech, I understand how reading it from me would feel abnormal. I then turned to the “angry” part and realized I am, in fact, angry.

Its righteous anger, though. I keep hearing self titled Feminists spouting messages on behalf of all womankind that don’t even come close to what I stand for. I keep hearing the likes of Joy Behar tell Larry King that Sarah Palin is a step back. Why is she a step back? Because she isn’t liberal. I am angry with this and want to scream, “All women are not like you, Joy! Or you, Sally Quinn! So shut up and think that maybe your message is no longer relevant. Maybe women DON’T want to be feminists, they want to be feminine and that doesn’t mean they aren’t strong and capable.” I also find it incredulous that a man who says the following has a real shot at being POTUS:

On Monday in Michigan, Obama became exercised when talking about the need to give even suspected terrorists legal rights.

“We may think this is Mohammed the terrorist,’’ he said at a campaign rally, but “it might be Mohammed the cab driver. You might think its Barack the bomb-thrower. But it might be Barack the guy running for president.’’

Continuing, he got more heated, his voice booming. Referring to the Constitution, he said: “Don’t mock the Constitution! Don’t make fun of it! Don’t suggest that it’s un-American to abide by what the founding fathers set up! It’s worked pretty well for 200 years!’’

He finished with a sigh: “These people."


I am one of Those People. The Constitution (and the Bill of Rights part, which is what Senator Obama is really referencing here) has worked well for 217 years, no thanks to the Democrats who attempt to dismantle it at every turn. I would love to have the Senator show me when in history we have granted rights to enemy combatants captured on the battlefield outside our borders the same rights granted to American Citizens. Our Fathers were quite clear in the power given to the Executive Branch to fight wars – not the Judiciary (the separate part of the separate but equal). The Constitution does not say anywhere that Non-Americans have this right, because the Founding Fathers never meant to give it!

In fact, the Founding Fathers allowed for The Writ to be suspended against Americans in times of war. They did this so when we are faced with Mohammed the Cab driver, who insists on passengers subscribing to his fanatical beliefs, which happen to be the same beliefs espoused by Mohammed the Terrorist, we figure out if Mo the Cabbie happens to also be Mo the Head Remover. As for Barack the Bombthrower, oh never mind, an Ayers reference here would be way too easy.

As a Constitutional Lawyer, none of this should be news to Barry. Or maybe not as only 29% of his supporters feel the Supreme Court should decide their cases based on the Constitution. So yes. I am justifiably angry, and I get angrier the more I come to realize half of our population is blindingly stupid.